A Message From Our Director
Rinks & Great Park Ice Customers & Families,
Thank you for your patience during this difficult time. Our top priority remains the health and safety of our employees and clients.
We are excited about the recent announcements of The Rinks reopening and looking forward the return to the rink. Although we are still under the phase 3 state guidelines, we anticipate more information and updates very soon regarding the guidelines that will allow us to get back to league play.
In the meantime, we are offering the below options for skaters to get back on the ice & stay in hockey shape at home!
How to register & guidelines are below.
We’re excited to see you back on the ice very soon.
Director of Hockey, The Rinks & Great Park ICE
The above programs will adhere to state and local government guidelines. Programs will be modified to meet occupancy, distancing, and other requirements in accordance with CDC, local, state, and federal policies, and guidelines. On ice instruction only. No off-ice or dryland sessions are currently offered.
Stick Time, Private Lesson, Camp & Clinic Guidelines
- All Coaches are always required to wear face masks and must comply with social distancing protocols and must follow traffic flow maps.
- Locker rooms will not be available.
- Players should dress at home to the extent possible.
- Skaters (and 1 chaperone per minor) will be allowed into the building 15 minutes before their session. At the conclusion of your session, skater and chaperone will have 15 minutes to remove skates and exit the building quickly.
- Skaters and chaperones must wear face masks in the building at all times and must practice social distancing.
- Those accompanying the participants should remain in the stands and practice social distancing. The rest of the building (except the restrooms) is off limits.
- 5 coach maximum with 4 students per session.
- After your session, exit the rink through the rink exit door, take skates off, and exit the building quickly.
- Refrain from loitering or socializing inside the building.
Coach & Player Registration Procedures & Guidelines
All coaches and skaters must pre-register for specific sessions & pay online in advance to session stipulations or lose their place
- Once a participant is registered for a session there will be NO REFUNDS & NO TRANSFERS
- Parents (or adult participants) must digitally sign a Health Declaration on behalf of the participant before being allowed to enter the facility. This declaration must be re-signed every day of participation
All coaches & skaters must check-in on-site, receive their admission sticker for the session prior to entering the ice surface, and follow all policies and procedures outlined by each facility.
- Admission stickers must always be worn by the participant in a visible place during the session.
- Leads/front line staff will be checking that all skaters are wearing a sticker and coaches' & skaters' names are on the approved Freestyle Camp roster
- Skaters without a sticker (not on roster) will be removed IMMEDIATELY and asked to register online and pay for the session before entering the ice, space permitting.
- Failure to comply with these guidelines will result in loss of skating & coaching privileges
Facility Re-Opening Dates & Site Maps
Friday, June 26
- Great Park Ice & FivePoint Arena
- The Rinks - Irvine Inline
- The Rinks - Lakewood ICE
- The Rinks - Yorba Linda ICE
Monday, June 29
- The Rinks - Anaheim ICE
Thursday, July 2
- The Rinks - Poway ICE
- The Rinks - Westminster ICE
We are closely monitoring government, state and local policy changes, centers for disease control (cdc) guidelines, government mandates, and public health advancements and will continue to make any necessary changes that will be appropriate to our protocols and procedures.